Talent Acquisition Specialist
Here at Mavenoid, we’re building the platform for technical support of physical products. Companies use our software to help their customers install, use, and troubleshoot everything from consumer electronics and home appliances to electric scooters and robotic lawn mowers. With $16 million in funding from leading VC firms and many of the world’s most iconic brands as clients, our goal is to make technology easy for everyone. Founded in 2017 by a team from Palantir and Google, today we have offices in New York and Stockholm but have a virtual first, office optional culture with Mavens located all over the US and Europe.
The People Operations (Pops) team at Mavenoid is responsible for recruiting amazing people fast enough to meet our business goals, removing obstacles to happiness and productivity, organizing events (such as our biannual gatherings), raising our talent bar (not merely maintaining it), and evolving our culture (not merely preserving it). We partner with teams across the business to help them grow with top talent.
As a Talent Acquisition Specialist, your mission will be to recruit top talent fast. As one of the very first hires in the Pops team you’ll have the opportunity to have an outsized impact on the company's trajectory, and to experiment with new ways of doing things in a virtual-first, office-optional workplace.
- Raise the Bar. Recruit remarkable people who will raise the average quality of the team, and be additive to our culture, not just a fit.
- Make Haste Slowly. Be radically customized, personalized, and creative in your outreach to candidates.
- Make Every Interaction Count. Try to always add value with each email and call.
- Partner with teams across the business to deeply understand their hiring needs
- Develop creative strategies and tactics for identifying top 1% talent and convincing them to explore a role with us
- Find original ways to convert passive leads to active candidates
- Collaborate with leadership to design interview processes
- Iterate on the hiring process to improve assessment quality, offer to close ratio, and efficiency
- Drive the offer and negotiation process
- Analyze recruiting metrics to find areas for improvement
- You have 1+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience in a fast-growing tech startup (ideally series A-C stage)
- You have a proven track record of recruiting top talent (commercial and/or tech) in an environment with a high talent bar
- You are creative, scrappy, and can get things done
- You are a great writer
- You are bright, hardworking, and candid
What we offer
The upsides of joining a startup early: outsized impact, real ownership and accountability, hard problems, faster learning, quicker decisions, less bureaucracy, and meaningful equity combined with fair compensation.
- Remote-first policy. Work from home or anywhere, or if you prefer from one of our offices in Stockholm, Sweden or New York City, US.
- Remote/home setup: latest generation Mac, large screens, ergonomic desks/chairs and other hardware you need.
- A career opportunity where your professional growth is in focus: unlimited books, 3 days off per year to focus on personal development and up to $2,400 for courses, conferences and other learning material.
- Regular company events and trips, online and remote activities.
- Spikiness – You have one superpower, and we don't care if you are weak in other areas
- Intellectual Honesty – You are radical about truth and candid to a fault
- Selective Intensity – You are an 80/20 person who gets the right things done
- Eternal Troubleshooting – You don’t tolerate brokenness, and can establish loops that identify and eliminate it