Strategic Account Executive
Here at Mavenoid, we’re building a platform for technical support of physical products. Companies use Mavenoid to help their customers install, use, and troubleshoot everything from consumer electronics and home appliances to industrial robots and drones. With some of the world’s most iconic brands as clients and $16 million in funding from leading VC firms, we’re on a journey to make tech support painless. Founded in 2017 by a team from Palantir and Google, today we have offices in New York and Stockholm but have a virtual first, office optional culture with Mavens located all over the US and Europe.
As a Strategic Account Executive, your mission is to grow recurring revenue by turning opportunities into new clients. To do so you’ll work closely with Sales Development, Customer Success, Product, Marketing, and senior leadership.
- Grow recurring revenue by signing new clients (duh).
- Constantly improve the Mavenoid way of selling. Push the envelope in how we demo Mavenoid and pitch by teaching.
- Discover and deeply understand customer needs, and capture them in a systematic way.
- Ensure there are enough opportunities in the pipeline to meet or exceed your targets; at Mavenoid all sales reps prospect.
- Provide a delightful prospect experience, regardless of deal size or outcome.
- Slow down to increase your win rate. Be radically customized, personalized, and creative in outreach and prospecting. Research the customer, grok their needs, understand who they are. Then teach them how our product will truly solve their problem.
- Deeply understand our product. Know every feature and every use case.
- Make every interaction count. Always add value with each email and call.
- Engage your prospects even if they don’t want to do a “real sales call” this week. Are we not doing a weekly webinar? Start one, and invite all your prospects each week.
- Be radically responsive. No one wants to wait 24 hours for sales to call them back.
- Leave money on the table and walk away if Mavenoid is not right for a prospect
- Keep helping your customers after the deal closes to dramatically increase the odds that they refer you to other potential customers.
- You have 3+ years in a full-cycle sales role, ideally at a SaaS startup
- You know how to sell at the $50k-$100k price point, and can flex above that
- You’ve consistently overachieved against sales targets at past companies
- You have experience building your own pipeline from scratch
- You’re quick to learn, hardworking, candid, and selfless (table stakes at Mavenoid)
- You’re honest, open, and direct in speech and writing
- You possess grit and don’t shy away from rejection. Sometimes you need to keep knocking on a door (in creative ways that add real value) until someone answers. You don't give up.
- You know how to effectively manage your time to complete objectives. You get important things done and you have a track record of running complex projects.
- You learn quickly and you’re able to map technologies to business processes. You are smart, creative, and think well on your feet.
What we offer
The upsides of joining a startup early: outsized impact, real ownership and accountability, hard problems, faster learning, quicker decisions, less bureaucracy, and meaningful equity combined with fair compensation.
- Remote-first policy. Work from home or anywhere, or if you prefer from one of our offices in Stockholm, Sweden or New York City, US.
- Remote/home setup: latest generation Mac, large screens, ergonomic desks/chairs and other hardware you need.
- A career opportunity where your professional growth is in focus: unlimited books, 3 days off per year to focus on personal development and up to $2,400 for courses, conferences and other learning material.
- Regular company events and trips, online and remote activities.
- Spikiness – You have one superpower, and we don't care if you are weak in other areas
- Intellectual Honesty – You are radical about truth and candid to a fault
- Selective Intensity – You are an 80/20 person who gets the right things done
- Eternal Troubleshooting – You don’t tolerate brokenness, and can establish loops that identify and eliminate it