Building out a troubleshooting system is a hard problem; there have been attempts, but no major successes so far. We believe such a troubleshooting system deserves to exist, and we believe that the two pieces that were missing are a radically simpler underlying fault-finding model, which we believe we have – and a sensible, intuitive, efficient user interface for the system. This is where you come in.
You will work on all things frontend, from information architecture to visual design to technical implementation to helping us grow the team. You will start hands-on, hacking on our React-based codebase to improve UX and add features, but before long we expect you to be contributing on a more long term level with an idea on how you see our product grow and mature. We have raised investments and are in the process of scaling up the company to 15+ people, with much of the growth in frontend engineering. This is a start-up journey to be a part of.
- Sketch, implement and iterate on UIs for new features
- Suggest, test and implement UX improvements.
- Coordinate with UI designers as necessary for development of the more sophisticated views.
- You have a track record of building things
- You have design sense and the technical capability to execute on your ideas independently
- You are intellectually curious and honest
- Bonus: You have some experience with Python, Ruby or C#
What we offer
The upsides of joining a small company early: outsized impact, real ownership and accountability, hard problems, faster learning, quicker decisions, less bureaucracy, and meaningful equity combined with fair comp.
- Spikiness – You have one superpower, and we don't care if you are weak in other areas
- Intellectual Honesty – You are radical about truth and candid to a fault
- Selective Intensity – You are an 80/20 person who gets the right things done
- Eternal Troubleshooting – You don’t tolerate brokenness, and can establish loops that identifies and eliminates it