What you'll do
We can do many different things but can only win with the right new customers and relationships. We’re looking for a creative business developer who want to quickly grow into a future leader in the organization. The role requires wrestling with abstract technical concepts and thriving in an engineering culture.
Your main responsibilities:
- Identify and reach out to potential customers
- Understand their challenges and opportunities deeply
- Sign our next customers, but only if there is a great match
- Cultivate authentic relationships (no “networking” please)
- Make sure our product development team are in sync with our customers’ needs
Who you are
- You have grit. Sometimes you need to keep knocking at a door over and over until someone finally answers. Deals can take a long time and a lot of back and forth. You don’t give up towards the very end to “just close the deal” and leak value.
- You get important things done. You have a track record of running complex projects and closing deals.
- You have lots of raw horsepower. You are smart, creative and think well on your feet.
- You are a strong writer, and are easy to talk to. You are articulate and can communicate well with both the internal team (engineers) as well as with the customer.
- You sweat the small stuff. You read every word of every contract, including all the legal language, so that you can catch gotchas and think through the implications of what the contract says.
- Bonus: You’re an engineer or hacker.
What we offer
The upsides of joining a small company early: outsized impact, real ownership and accountability, hard problems, faster learning, quicker decisions, less bureaucracy, and meaningful equity combined with fair comp.
- Spikiness – You have one superpower, and we don't care if you are weak in other areas
- Intellectual Honesty – You are radical about truth and candid to a fault
- Selective Intensity – You are an 80/20 person who gets the right things done
- Eternal Troubleshooting – You don’t tolerate brokenness, and can establish loops that identifies and eliminates it