Business Development Representative
Here at Mavenoid, we’re building the platform for technical support of physical products. Companies use our software to help their customers install, use, and troubleshoot everything from consumer electronics and home appliances to electric scooters and robotic lawnmowers. With $20 million in funding from leading VC firms and many of the world’s most iconic brands as clients, our goal is to make technology easy for everyone. Founded in 2017 by a team from Palantir and Google, we have offices in New York and Stockholm. As an international virtual-first company, we have office optional culture with Mavens located all over the US and Europe.
As Business Developer, you will be fully responsible for the pursuit and generation of new customers. This will be done through detailed research, creative messaging, and true teamwork. Our team is small, agile, and eager to craft the outreach that will lead to us landing our next key client relationship that will propel the company forward.
You'll be fully empowered to stake your own claim to success towards your one main goal: to generate a new pool of Mavenoid's future customers. The rest is up to you.
This role is remote eligible from ET and CT time zones.
- Engaging with potential prospects over email and video meetings to qualify and set meetings for the BD team
- Identifying target customers for Mavenoid through prospecting tools and research
- Maintaining active engagement with leads through informed, creative outreach
- Researching and developing prospective accounts
- Working closely with other member of BD team to identify qualified accounts and define strategies for outreach
- Partner with other teams within Mavenoid to deliver proper messaging for ideal target markets
- Achieve quarterly quotas for developed leads and qualified opportunities
- Experience in B2B sales or business development.
- You possess grit and don’t shy away from rejection.
- Sometimes you need to keep knocking at a door over and over until someone finally answers.
- You don't give up.
- You know how to effectively manage your time to complete objectives.
- You get important things done and you have a track record of running complex projects.
- You learn quickly and you’re able to map technologies to business processes.
- You are smart, creative, and think well on your feet.
- You’re clear, concise, and thoughtful in your communications — both verbal and written.
- You are articulate and can communicate with internal colleagues as well as with potential customers.
- You are hungry to grow your career and develop relevant sales skills in a highly collaborative team environment.
What we offer
The upsides of joining a startup early: outsized impact, real ownership and accountability, hard problems, faster learning, quicker decisions, less bureaucracy, and meaningful equity combined with fair compensation.
- Remote-first policy: Work from home or if you prefer, from one of our offices in Stockholm, Sweden, New York City, US, or Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Employees’ work-life balance: flexible working hours and 25 days paid leave + national bank holidays.
- Employees’ wellness: free food during working hours, bi-weekly meditation sessions, and up to $500 as a Health Perk.
- Remote/home setup: latest generation Mac, large screens, ergonomic desks/chairs, and other equipment you might need.
- A career opportunity where your professional growth is in focus: unlimited books, 3 days off per year to focus on personal development, and up to $2,400 for courses, conferences, and other learning material.
- Regular company trips, and remote activities.
For those working in the US or Canada:
- Unlimited sick leave
- Paid health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)