Mavenoid offers a platform to scale technical support using technology rather than humans. Our mission is to provide a customer experience that is faster, more effective and more convenient than the currently typical options of voice-only support with queueing and redirections, or pushing the customer to fend for themselves in knowledge bases and forums. It is clear that technical support will work differently in 2030, and we are determined to play our part.
Mavenoid the company is an early-stage startup currently at 15 people. We raised a $8m Series A in January 2020 and plan to grow quickly, tripling in size by the end of the year.
We're located in Stockholm but doesn't mean you have to be - this is a remote friendly workplace.
We’re looking for an experienced Backend Engineer to join the early-stage startup fray. You will be one of the first dedicated backend engineers on the team, which means that you will have ownership over the backend implementation that links together our frontend, AI/ML services built by our data scientists, persistence stores for product state, and other cloud services. You will be designing and implementing new functionality in a sustainable way, working closely with the rest of the team. You will take an active role in proposing, scoping, designing, implementing and shipping features to maximise the impact of the product.
Our backend is a mix of Python and TypeScript, backed by PostgreSQL and deployed to Google Cloud and Heroku. The frontend is a React SPA in TypeScript.
You are a seasoned developer with both depth and breadth of experience, with multiple major projects under your belt, but also the experience of working on a single product for at least a couple years to see through the consequences of design decisions. You should be able to work independently and to lead engineering efforts. The specific tools you know do not matter as much as the ability to pick up new technologies quickly.
- Build and maintain Mavenoid’s backend services.
- Work with the team to define, scope and prioritise product features to be developed.
- Keep the backend up and running and monitor it for faults.
- Maintain the public Mavenoid API.
- Strong coding ability with demonstrated proficiency.
- Ability to take complete ownership of a feature or a project.
- Ability to traverse the technical stack upwards and downwards from the backend as needed, solving problems with deployment as well as making tweaks to the frontend.
- Experience with a standard web backend stack and common SQL databases (we use PostgreSQL).
- Familiarity with common data structures and fundamental algorithms.
- Strong collaboration skills. You will need to work well with people in various roles (UX design, marketing, sales) and sometimes directly with customers.
What we offer
The upsides of joining a small company early: outsized impact, real ownership and accountability, hard problems, faster learning, quicker decisions, less bureaucracy, and meaningful equity combined with fair comp.
- Spikiness – You have one superpower, and we don't care if you are weak in other areas
- Intellectual Honesty – You are radical about truth and candid to a fault
- Selective Intensity – You are an 80/20 person who gets the right things done
- Eternal Troubleshooting – You don’t tolerate brokenness, and can establish loops that identifies and eliminates it